Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where has December gone?

I was blogging at a pretty good pace back in November. What happened you may ask? My answer is what it always is: life.

Been really busy with painting. I'm working on 6 pieces from my sister right now, 2 pieces for a client down in Alabama, 1 piece for my dad's cousin down in Tampa, 3 pieces for a client here in town, and I'm kicking around ideas for a piece for Patrick of My Morning Jacket (the drummer). It's hard work but very, very rewarding.

Fantasy Football came to any end. I had an abysmal year. It was horrible. I was hovering in last place in the league most of the season and I just hated it. I took data during the season to see what went wrong. I'll analyze it later. There are a few things that jump out at me. One is that at one point I had 100% own rating on 5 of my players and 99% on another two. So I guess there goes the theory on wisdom in crowds. Another stat is that that in week 5 I had the highest ranked receiving squad and the 2nd highest ranked rushing unit and my record was still 1-3-0. And that leads me to my next stat: my schedule difficulty after week 5 (which was a loss) was calculated at the highest and never wavered. Hell, there was only so much I could do (I'll blog about FFL final thoughts another day).

And hey, Christmas is coming! We've been busy shopping for everyone. We, like everyone else, are feeling the pinch from the economy and opted to not buy anything for each other. It sucks, but I'd sacrifice that everyday of the week to make sure everyone I love gets what they want. Besides, with the love that I have for my wife I can't ask for anything else :)

No comments: