Thursday, July 29, 2010

Farewell, dear Jeep

In anticipation of buying Kelsey a new (used) car, we have to get some cash together and make room for another car. Since I have a tough time justifying having 4 cars with only 3 licensed drivers in the house I have to get rid of something. And the Jeep is really the only candidate.

So I snapped a few pix and did some price comparisons on louisville.craigslist.org. I set the price at $1500 and my entry looked like this...

----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Jeep Wrangler "Rio Grande" Edition
Hunter Green/Black Hard Top (removable, ratchet to do so included)
139K Miles
4WD, 4 cylinder, 5 Speed Manual transmission
Sound Bar
Jeep Trunk Kit installed
Full Doors (easily removable - great for cooler summer days)
Windshield Lip for bikini top included (but the bikini top is not - lost some time ago)
Big O Bigfoot Tires
Back seat folds down and is removable
New muffler and new battery

I bought this car in 1997. It has been a terrific vehicle, both on the road and off (but not much). It does not have a radio (stolen 10 years ago). The Jeep was in a wreck in 2002 and the driver-side quarter panel is rusting from the damage. It drives great and would be a perfect first car or a fun ride for someone with land.

Email me or call Eric at xxx.xxx.xxxx with questions.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I posted the above at 7:25PM. I got my first call at 7:39PM. It was a guy from Indiana who was leaving his house right then. I told him I would meet him in the parking lot at the local Kroger. Over the next 40 minutes I received interest/offers from 6 phone calls, 2 texts, and 3 emails.

I met the guy at Lowe's (he got lost) and he agreed to buy it right then and there. He is an ex-marine who always wanted a Jeep but started a family and never had the chance. He does body work so he's going to fix her up and make her his own little baby. I feel pretty confident she's going to a good home. And I'm happy that she is - as well as helping someone mark an entry off their Dream/ToDo list :)

Fourteen minutes is all it took! I'll miss her, for sure. She and I have been together longer than just about anything (non-living) in my life. But she's moving on to a good place. Heck, maybe she'll even feel dirt under her tires again!

No comments: