Sunday, April 4, 2010

Washington DC - Day 2

Day 2 is nearly under our belt. Will and I are sitting at a table in the lobby and Kelsey is behind us. She and I are enjoying some free Internet while Will is getting his sketchin' on. Jooj is upstairs nursing her poor feet. We were machines today.

We started out taking the metro to The Mall. We headed to the Museum of Natural History. It was awesome! It was so awesome. But the kids were getting antsy and Jooj informed me that she "doesn't like stuffed animals." I quickly figured out that she wasn't referring to toys but taxidermy. So we jetted out (not before hitting the gift store where Will purchased a 36" long gummy snake) and headed toward the Museum of American History. On the way there, Kelsey made deal with a street vendor for some new shades. Hilarious!

The Museum of American History was awesome. I saw many, many cool things - two of which that topped my list were the C-3P0 suit worn by Anthony Daniels and an authentic Star Trek phaser. LOL, I'm such a geek :) There was so much to see and we all had so much fun. A moving moment for me was snapping a picture of the bent and stressed beams from the World Trade Center.

We walked outside to take a lunch break. We ate a quick meal of vendor fare and headed back in to finish up. We hit a few more exhibits and then left. Will took the opportunity to get his own pair of shades from the same street vendor. He remembered Kelsey and gave Will a deal. Hehehe!

We crossed The Mall again and went inside the Air & Space Museum. Jooj took a bench pretty quick. Kelsey followed. Will and I wandered for a few, just completely overwhelmed by the surroundings. We saw the grrrls from the balcony and they looked miserable. We decided to call it a day at Air & Space and hit it tomorrow. On the way out we ran into a guy wearing a Louisville shirt and we chatted him up.

We chilled on the lawn of The Mall for a while. Then we walked to Chinatown. We admired the huge Pagoda Gate. We ate some great asian food at Mings Restaurant. We saw a guy with 4 rats on his shoulder. We rode the metro back to Foggy-Bottom. We saw a half-assed transvestite (needed a good shave and a scarf) and followed him for a while. We hit the hotel. I showered. I blogged. And now Jooj is asking me for a Diet Coke.

No comments: